Monday, November 10, 2014

MIRACLES FROM THE TEXT


Ahojte! This week was just so incredible and wonderful and full of miracles--and it was the first entire week I have spent in my area! Weird, right? I guess that's what happens when you don't know anything and they send you to 100 trainings (we have another one next week haha).

So we had so much luck this week! We saw a lot of miracles. The feeling that you have and the things that happen when you know you are doing what the Lord wants you do be doing is so great. I am really starting to recognize the Holy Ghost in my life as my constant director and teacher. I feel like His influence on me changes depending on what circumstances I am in--Sometimes I find direction through other people, sometimes in my own thoughts, and sometimes in my own feelings and ideas. At first I was very overwhelmed by the responsibility that I feel I have to follow the Spirit--but now, as I hav begun to put my entire trust in the Lord, I have found that I find more and more confidence when I follow promptings I receive.


We have met so many families this week, and are really hoping to start meeting with them. I remember praying so hard to find a family who we could touch and help come closer to Christ--that day, while waiting for the tram, I was just singing (because obviously, as always) hymns in english and there were two girls just staring at me. When we got on the train, Sister Seninger complimented one of them and they were both very surprised that we spoke Slovak. Immediately we became involved with these two young women and their mother and got of the tram at their stop so we could talk with them. We are praying they will come to church, because they didn't have a phone number (fooey.) But the spirit was so strong. We couldn't do much else but say a prayer of gratitude to our Father in Heaven.

I've really been trying to speak this language. I think it is funny when people think I'm speaking english because my accent is so strong. I will approach them in Slovak, and they will say "I'm sorry, I don't speak English", or "no english!" Awkward. But some people say it is good. We will definitely see....Languages aren't something I have much experience with. But I do find that when I bear my testimony, people understand when the Spirit is there. I did almost an entire contact with a YSA boy on my own and got his number and everything! Really, we are seeing so many miracles. I wish I could write them all. One day this week, we got 6 numbers (Which is really good. For us.)

We made 3 lbs 10 oz of halušky, and it is just so good, and I was basically in a coma after we ate it. I think I gained 5 lbs. BUT IT WAS JUST SO YUMMY
I might die when I can't make it in america.

And we get this delicious cereal that is like...chocolate pillows filled with Nutella. Let me just say that it is my major downfall.

I love our Senior Couple here, the Millers. They are the humanitarian representatives for Slovakia, and always have us over for dinner and stuff. They organized a little project to sew some blankets for a hospital. We invited all of our members, and then felt inspired to maybe text some other people about it. We had the most crazy/inspired idea to text all the numbers for every potential investigator in our phone! hahahahaha

some people may say that was a poor decision...
I THINK NOT!

But we did it anyway. And, yes, we got a couple of rude texts back, but I didn't know what any of the words meant, so whatever, right? But there were so many people who were interested and couldn't come, and felt bad, so now they have set up appointments with us! This little man called us apologizing like 90 times and invited us to his little domček outside of the city for tea. What. MIRACLES FROM THE TEXT! LET'S ALWAYS šit deki!

Anyway, sorry, I was getting a little excited there.

I'm really trying my best to devote myself to the Lord. Sometimes it is difficult, to like, move at the end of the day because I am so exhausted, but that is how I know it has been a wonderful day! And the more I trust in Him the more miracles I see.

Scripture of the Week: Alma 37:46-47
 46 O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.
 47 And now, my son, see that ye take care of these sacred things, yea, see that ye look to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word, and be sober. My son, farewell.

I love the phrase "look unto God and Live" . It is something that as missionaries we are constantly inviting people to do! If we can have our eye constantly on Him, we have no need to fear, and can live forever. However, I also love how it tells us not to be slothful because of the easiness of the the way. Yes, it is a straight and narrow path, But it also has many obstacles that we have to be wary of. If we are lazy, we may forget. If we can constantly be looking to God and staying on His path, we will be on an easier, direct path. It is like when you are hiking, you know? You've got to stay focused on the path so you don't trip while you are looking up at some pretty bird in the trees.


Anyway, lots of happiness and health,

Love you all!
Sestra Abbott



















No comments:

Post a Comment