Tuesday, July 14, 2015

let there be light. and sun. and electricity

I just want to start by telling everyone that
I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ELECTRICITY
I will never, ever, ever, in my whole lifetime, or in the next, take it for granted ever again.
The day they switched it back on I watered the ground with my tears.

This week has been total, complete, crazy, miraculousness. As always, but maybe this week I am a little more grateful for it. We started out on monday just completely perfectly, when we went for ice cream with two 90 year old women. That was just a party. After making the long journey back to the church building, we had family night and Sestra Alžbeta made me a chocolate cherry cake, after which Elder Garlick lit a candle for me 20 times to blow out. I would say that it was probably the best thing ever. Then, after going home and realizing that we were starving and had no electricity, we decided to call the pizza man. He was conveniently saved in our phone as "Pizza Guy" Sister Eggers called. This was the equivalent of her slovak call in English:

PG: "Hello, this is the ...restaurant"
SE: "You have pizza?"
PG: "...yes"
SE: "Can I, um, can I order one?"
PG: "....yes."
SE: " oh, okay cool. Cool. Hawaii?"
PG: "Yeah, we have that. Where do you live"
SE: gives address
PG: Okay, what is your phone number?
SE: -doesnt know phone number, frantically searches- "Um, moment, moment"
SE: Accidently hangs up phone.

Anyway, after calling back, we did get our hawaiian pizza.

Phew, that took me way too long to type up.

Well, then, we got to go to this fantastic art exhibit place because the daughter of our member is working there. I was so happy just all surrounded by all this art.

We had so many miracles this week in Trenčin with people just being prepared. It is a really small town, so everyone already knows us, and we see some of the same people every day. There are two women that always see us, and talk to us, but never want to meet or anything. Well, this week, both of them agreed to meet with us! It just is such a testimony to me that sometimes peoples hearts just take a little while longer to soften, but really, the Lord has His timing and the message of the gospel is for everyone! Another woman told us that no, no, she would not meet, that she sees our boys all the time and they are always trying to give her a book of mormon, and all we said was "Nič ne je nahoda" Which is "nothing is a coincidence!" and she said, okay, I will meet with you. And now after one lesson she has a baptismal date!!! Who knew???

Then, I went back to Bratislava. It missed me so much. I went on an exchange with Sister Ratcliffe, and boy, we saw so many miracles. I cannot explain. I do not know how it is possible to see everyone I love in Blava on one day, but it happened! We taught, and taught, and taught. And we saw miracle after miracle. So many new people came to English class. Igor is still so close to baptism. We got ahold of many lost potentials! It was really amazing and Sister Ratcliffe is the boldest, most enthusiastic little missionary. I sure love her.

Then we went to Praha! Woohoo! Sister Eggers and I got to go on a real long road trip with the zone leaders. And I was so happy to see Prague! I havent been there since the very first day of my mission and it is really the most beautiful city. We had a really great training and I cannot believe the missionaries that I serve with. They are incredible! They are the most faith-filled, hard-working, obedient missionaries probably in the whole world. I learn so much from their examples.

Well, my hands are tired, and I really cannot explain the amount of joy I am feeling in the work in words. The keyboard just is not very receptive to my emotions. They are bursting out of me!! I could not believe this morning when I read exactly what I was feeling in Alma 29:

" 9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

 10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.

 14 But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi.

 15 Behold, they have labored exceedingly, and have brought forth much fruit; and how great shall be their reward!

 16 Now, when I think of the success of these my brethren my soul is carried away, even to the separation of it from the body, as it were, so great is my joy."

I hope I am not annoying by pasting so much text in there but seriously it is the only way I can describe how I feel! I am so grateful for the work and I am so grateful for those around me who are always incredible examples to me! I am the happiest ever.

s laskou

sestra abbott

PS. Sestra Eggers is the best companion ever. I love her. This week, she accidentally put my contacts in and vaccumed up my toothbrush.


No comments:

Post a Comment