Monday, February 9, 2015

zima zima zima

This week was cold.

And so incredibly beautiful!!!

The snow falls like fairytale snow here! Ah. I cannot even explain. I love it more than anything. I cannot focus on hardly any of my studies because I end up staring out my window at the huge snowflakes. And, it is also very icy. Which is a little sketchy, but let me just say, that I never fall--I only slip and my limbs fly everywhere, resulting in something almost more embarrassing than if I would just fall. But you know, c´est la vie. Nevadí. Because I am exactly where I need to be!

Between milka bars and miracles, this week was overflowing with too many good things to count.
really awkward burger selfie
We have so many solid investigators right now, and Eva is now on date! Lilith came to family home evening, which ended in a solid snowball fight (let me just say. If I was not a sister missionary, I would have won that snowball fight. But do not worry, I refrained from roughousing (is this a word?))

Sister Seninger and Sister Eggers came to Košice for an entirely wonderful day to do exchanges with us. We saw too many miracles! Not only were we teaching and finding so many elect people, but being with Sister Seninger again was so fun. We ran into so many people she knew and it really was great. Košice is really her home, since she was here for 8 and a half months. And we got Big Burger and hot chocolate so I cannot really complain...

košice walk
Yesterday was really terrific (wow. Terrific! hahaha I love this word) We bundled up and got out our hand warmers (thanks mom) and went out tracting, like every Sunday. We returned to one man´s house who said we could return, and he did not have time, but we still had a moment to teach him about and give him a Kniha Mormonova! Directly after, we had a really strong feeling that we needed to run and catch this bus that went to a different neighborhood we had seen earlier that week. We only had 40 minutes to tract, but we went in faith. Within those 40 minutes, we gave away another Kniha Mormonova and got four return appointments, at least two of which are with families! We could not believe how blessed we were and how prepared those people on that one little street are to receive the message.

Then, we got to go to our cultural event for this transfer (I love prez. mcconkie.) and we went to see Swan Lake in the main divadlo here in Košice!! It was so amazing and beautiful. I cannot even describe. And the music was incredible. It was just so fun. Plus, we went out to eat at twelve apostles beforehand, where, supposedly, Elder Bednar dined when he was in Košice. Ironic, no? Hahaha
elders and snowmen

Speaking of food, Prez Van Dalen made us the most delicious food in the world this week. Thai! I could not believe it. I have not tasted anything like that in so long. And peanut butter meatballs. AND I MISS PEANUT BUTTER SO MUCH

Funny things that happened this week: 1) I slipped on the ice 2) Sister parsons slipped on the ice 3) Sister parsons cut her foot and we thought it was berry and it was actually blood 4)  We went on the Košice walk (okay, this was not too funny)

Anyway, I have a lot of pictures to send. SO. Pictures tell a thousand words, right? What is the saying?



PS favorite scripture this week:


 25 ¶Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you.

 26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and steadfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

 27 He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.

The lord will deliver us from the power of the lions!! I re read this story this week and, oh, how I love Daniel and His example. I have had to stand up to so many people this week about my religion and have felt the courage the Lord gives me--I am definitely not myself. When I am encompassed with the spirit, I feel the Lord´s power around me, and I am not afraid of men pointing cigarettes at me or of fights on the buses. I love the protection we receive as missionaries and love my calling! Press forward! Tlačiť vpred!


Love forever

Have a terrific week


Bye
Sestra Abbott
Hahah we had to take all our food out of our fridge
and freezer to defrost it so now it is on our balcony
clair de lune on the klavir




Ballet! Swan Lake! 

 classy in our black shirts 
crazy blurry picture of me with a soup bowl 


No comments:

Post a Comment